Lee Martin delighted by confident Town
TWO-goal Lee Martin poured lavish praise on his Ipswich Town team mates after they made it four wins in a row with an impressive 3-0 victory over Cardiff City.
The former Manchester United man was at the heart of everything that was good about the Blues this afternoon.
But he quickly turned the spotlight on the team who overcame a tough first 20 minutes before turning on the style.
Martin, whose goals came in between another for in-form Michael Chopra, said: “We seem confident and everyone looks like they are enjoying playing football. We come out and look forward to games.
“We were a little tired after the Portsmouth match and the first 20 minutes (today) we looked a little off the pace. But we got back into it and showed what a good team we are.”
You may also want to watch:
The 90 minutes could have been different if Arran Lee-Barrett had been shown a red card for a foul on Joe Mason when the Cardiff striker burst clear.
But after referee Simon Hooper only showed the keeper a yellow card, Martin said: “I haven’t seen it back but he wasn’t through – the ball was going away from goal. It was good to see and I thought the referee was brilliant today.”
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster