Lee Martin misses trip to Luton Town
LEE Martin is the most notable absentee in Paul Jewell’s squad for tomorrow’s pre-season friendly at Luton Town (3pm ko).
Martin missed both matches of the tour of the Netherlands with a thigh injury but returned as a second half sub against Cambridge United on Wednesday where he looked lively.
But after suffering what has been described as a minor strain in his thigh in the last few days, Paul Jewell will once again take no risks.
The strong-looking 20-man party does include Cheick Kourouma, whose contract situation remains up in the air, and Massimo Luongo fresh from their first appearances in a Town shirt this week.
Jimmy Bullard and Nathan Ellington are named after missing out on the stronger-looking squad at Cambridge on Wednesday while youngsters Jack Ainsley, Luke Hyam, Byron Lawrence and Joe Whight are also included.
You may also want to watch:
The full squad is: Ainsley, Bullard, Carson, Chambers, Chopra, Cresswell, Delaney, Drury, Edwards, Ellington, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hyam, Kourouma, Lawrence, Lee-Barrett, Loach, Luongo, Scotland, Stevenson, Whight.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward