LIVE: Join Stuart Watson for our pre-season ITFC web chat
With the new Championship season within touching distance, anticipation at Portman Road is reaching fever pitch prior to the home opener with Fulham on Saturday (5.15pm).
Town head into the new campaign unbeaten in pre-season, following four wins and two draws, and with a clutch of new signings including 6ft 5ins Hungarian striker Balint Bajner and Mauritius midfielder Kevin Bru.
Star striker David McGoldrick is also edging closer to a full comeback following a long injury lay-off and that will prove a timely boost for Mick McCarthy who will be looking to improve on last season’s ninth-placed finish.
After the visit of the newly-relegated Cottagers, Town head to Reading and Birmingham, before finishing the month of August with a home game against bitter rivals Norwich and a trip to Derby. There is also the small matter of a League Cup tie at Crawley in what promises to be a packed first month of football.
Chief football writer Stuart Watson is here to answer your questions about all things Ipswich as well as sharing his views on the season ahead.
Join our live web chat below.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 8 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 9 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 10 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing