Liverpool linked with �10 million bid for Wickham
IPSWICH Town starlet Connor Wickham has been linked with a �10 million move to Premier League giants Liverpool.
National newspaper reports have suggested the Anfield club will test Town’s resolve over their most promising youngster with a bid in the January transfer window.
Liverpool are not the first - nor the last - club to be rumoured to be interested in the 17-year-old. Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea are also said to be in any race.
If true, the size of the offer from Merseyside could tempt Marcus Evans with Wickham not yet making the impression this season that he was expected to.
Ipswich’s number nine has suffered ankle and thigh injuries already this year and has largely failed to impress in a Town shirt this season. He has made just three starts with a further 12 league and cup appearances from the bench.
Backed by the club’s new owners, Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is said to be an admirer of Wickham and would have been impressed by his performances in an England shirt - scoring on his Under-19 debut and then coming off the bench in last month’s 2-0 defeat by Germany at Under-21s level.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week