Local coaches and volunteers encouraged to join Ipswich Town’s Academy Coaches Association
- Credit: Archant
A new coaching scheme is being launched at Ipswich Town’s training ground on Wednesday night, designed to improve the skills of local qualified coaches and volunteers.
Ipswich Town’s Academy Coaches Association will hold special sessions, seminars and workshops with the intention being to raise the standard of players and behaviour patterns in youth, women’s and girls’ football, before they are recommended to the club.
Those attending will be allowed to watch Academy age group sessions, while help will be given to team groups at the training ground or by visits from academy staff.
Anyone wishing to attend will be asked to pay a £5 yearly membership fee, while a varied scale of charges will apply for services provided.
The Association is a self-funding project and all profits will go to the club’s academy bid for EPPP Category One Status.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk FA Football development officer Nathan French: “I’m delighted that Suffolk FA will be partnering with Ipswich Town FC on the new coaches association.
“The coaches in-service events will offer grassroots coaches, from Suffolk, the opportunity to see how a professional club operates in terms of its coaching and the set-up of an academy.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
“We will be looking to promote the Ipswich town events, in conjunction with the FA Licensed coaches events that Suffolk FA currently deliver across the county. I would encourage all coaches that are passionate about their personal development, to get along to these sessions. ”
Launch night: Wednesday February 5
6pm - Sports Science warm-ups in the dome
6.30pm - Viewing of U9/10/11’s Training Sessions; Viewing of Goalkeeper Sessions; U15/16 Training