Local coaches and volunteers encouraged to join Ipswich Town’s Academy Coaches Association
- Credit: Archant
A new coaching scheme is being launched at Ipswich Town’s training ground on Wednesday night, designed to improve the skills of local qualified coaches and volunteers.
Ipswich Town’s Academy Coaches Association will hold special sessions, seminars and workshops with the intention being to raise the standard of players and behaviour patterns in youth, women’s and girls’ football, before they are recommended to the club.
Those attending will be allowed to watch Academy age group sessions, while help will be given to team groups at the training ground or by visits from academy staff.
Anyone wishing to attend will be asked to pay a £5 yearly membership fee, while a varied scale of charges will apply for services provided.
The Association is a self-funding project and all profits will go to the club’s academy bid for EPPP Category One Status.
Suffolk FA Football development officer Nathan French: “I’m delighted that Suffolk FA will be partnering with Ipswich Town FC on the new coaches association.
“The coaches in-service events will offer grassroots coaches, from Suffolk, the opportunity to see how a professional club operates in terms of its coaching and the set-up of an academy.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 5 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 6 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
“We will be looking to promote the Ipswich town events, in conjunction with the FA Licensed coaches events that Suffolk FA currently deliver across the county. I would encourage all coaches that are passionate about their personal development, to get along to these sessions. ”
Launch night: Wednesday February 5
6pm - Sports Science warm-ups in the dome
6.30pm - Viewing of U9/10/11’s Training Sessions; Viewing of Goalkeeper Sessions; U15/16 Training