Luke Chambers hopes to return to action for Ipswich Town on Saturday
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Skipper Luke Chambers has revealed he hopes to return to action for Ipswich Town in Saturday’s game against Bolton at Portman Road.
He has been sidelined since sustaining ankle ligament damage during the win over Millwall last month.
Chambers trained with the rest of the squad today. He told the club website: “I’m hoping to be involved at the weekend.
“I haven’t had many injuries in my career at all really so this one was frustrating but I have been through all the rehab and it feels nothing compared to what I played through last year so it’s a strange one.
“I’m feeling good and providing today and Friday’s training sessions go well, I genuinely feel I’m ready to play.”
You may also want to watch:
Chambers was the only outfield player in the Championship to play in every league game last season, despite missing around 90 days training as he recovered from various injuries.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 7 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged