Maduako rescues point for Town
JIDE Maduako scored a typically towering header to earn a 2-2 draw for Ipswich Town Under-18s against Reading.
The Royals opened the scoring in the 20th minute when the Town defence was caught out by a ball over the top and despite a despairing save by Connor O’Donnell the rebound ended up in their net.
Just before half time Caolan Lavery burst clear and fired in a cross that was met by Jon Leddy. The Reading keeper blocked his effort but Carel Tiofack was on hand to finish and leave the sides all square at the interval.
In an even match Royals took the lead when O’Donnell was caught off his line by a clever lob but with ten minutes left it was Maduako who headed in an equaliser.
It was a well-deserved point from a largely undistinguished match in which Aaron Jones was outstanding,
You may also want to watch:
Next Saturday Leicester City are the visitors to Playford Road (11am ko).
Team – O’Donnell. Jones, October, Scotcher, Maduako, Thorsteinnson, Tiofack, Leddy, Lavery, Lawrence, Winter.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster