Magilton could recall on-loan Smith
JIM Magilton is today considering recalling defender Tommy Smith from Stevenage Borough.Ipswich Town are sweating on the fitness of centre-half Alex Bruce was replaced early in the 2-1 win over Norwich suffering from a back injury.
JIM Magilton is today considering recalling defender Tommy Smith from Stevenage Borough.
Ipswich Town are sweating on the fitness of centre-half Alex Bruce was replaced early in the 2-1 win over Norwich suffering from a back injury.
The Blues' boss Magilton will leave it until later in the week before making up his mind to bring back Smith who has been a key component in Stevenage's play-off battle.
You may also want to watch:
Magilton said: “We will see how Alex is later in the week before making any decision, but it is an option.”
Versatile David Wright showed he is more than competent in central defence after shifting across from left back with Danny Simpson currently occupying the right back slot.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 10 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
Town also have the vastly experienced Fabian Wilnis itching to be involved, although his future may be more on the coaching side.
Smith has been on loan at Peter Taylor's Stevenage and has helped them to fourth in the Blue Square Premier and fighting to stay in the play-off places and a chance of promotion to the Football League.
Bruce is hoping he can shake off the stiffness in his back and be in for training tomorrow (WEDS) and play in the crucial Championship clash at Wolves on Saturday.
Wolves face West Bromwich Albion tonight and would go above the Blues if they win, and would still have a game in hand.
Shefki Kuqi is major doubt for the trip to Molineux after suffering a relapse in the hamstring injury that has seen him manage less than 45 minutes football since his loan move from Crystal Palace a month ago.
Jon Walters did not have a reaction after playing almost an hour on his return from a knee operation and should be available, while Alan Lee is expected to reclaim his place in the 16.
Meanwhile, Blues fans get the chance to vote for their player of the year before Town's last league game of the season against Hull City. The Official Ipswich Town Supporters' Club awards evening will be held in the Legends Bar, in the evening of Sunday, May 4. Starting at 6.30pm, tickets cost £16 each and are available by post from Irene Davey, 10 Lambeth Close, Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 4DX - a SAE is needed or telephone Liz Edwards 07968 876504.