Magilton's warning to Pablo
JIM Magilton vowed to “throw the kitchen sink” at Pablo Counago after the Spaniard was sent off at Scunthorpe.The Blues boss was delighted that his side had moved the seventh spot after goals from Counago and fellow Spaniard Sito Castro gave Ipswich a 2-1 win at Scunthorpe, but was not happy with his striker's dismissal.
By Derek Davis
JIM Magilton vowed to “throw the kitchen sink” at Pablo Counago after the Spaniard was sent off at Scunthorpe.
The Blues boss was delighted that his side had moved the seventh spot after goals from Counago and fellow Spaniard Sito Castro gave Ipswich a 2-1 win at Scunthorpe, but was not happy with his striker's dismissal.
Magilton said: “If Pablo Counago has spat at that lad I will throw the kitchen sink at him.
You may also want to watch:
“I have not seen the incident, when I do I will deal with it.”
“The sending off has changed the game, Scunthorpe readjusted better than us for the first ten minutes but when we got a few passes going we were able to get the full-backs forward
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 6 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
“Sito has scored an excellent goal and I'm delighted for him.”
Town were also able give a 20-minute run out as a substitute to Manchester United loanee Danny Simpson who replaced Danny Haynes on the right side of midfield.
“Danny Simpson brings quality - he is someone who has obviously been taught how to play the game properly,” said Magilton.
“We needed his legs. He is a full-back and will play full-back.”