Magilton to be heard over ref charge
JIM Magilton has requested a personal hearing after being charged with abusive behaviour towards referee Clive Webster.The Blues boss, who had until today to answer the charge, will not appeal against the accusation and accepts he swore at the official in the confines of the referee's room following Town's draw at Burnley.A date for the hearing has yet to be set by the FA.
By Derek Davis
JIM Magilton has requested a personal hearing after being charged with abusive behaviour towards referee Clive Webster.
The Blues boss will not appeal against the accusation and accepts he swore at the official in the confines of the referee's room following Town's draw at Burnley.
Magilton was livid that a Pablo Counago goal had been disallowed and tried to make his point after seeing photographic and video evidence.
You may also want to watch:
The Irishman, who waited for the statutory half hour before approaching the officials, will not contest the charge but wants to offer mitigation and explain why he was so frustrated and emotional.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight