Magilton wants both flanks covered
TRANSFER business is back on after a seven day breather with Blues boss Jim Magilton targeting at least two loanees, one defender and a winger.It is also not beyond the realms of possibility that he brings in another forward although Newcastle's Andy Carroll is understood to no longer be a target.
TRANSFER business is back on after a seven day breather with Blues boss Jim Magilton targeting at least two loanees, one defender and a winger.
It is also not beyond the realms of possibility that he brings in another forward although Newcastle's Andy Carroll is understood to no longer be a target.
Magilton confirmed his two key areas, but admitted it was not just the left side he wanted cover for.
He said: “I'm happy with squad but if the possibility arises then yes I would like to strengthen. Defensively perhaps and I think we need an outlet on either flank.
“We know Jon Walters can fill a gap there and Danny (Haynes) as well and we are waiting for David Norris to come back as well.”
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 3 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 9 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
Magilton wants a centre half with Richard Naylor and Alex Bruce not regarded as long term partners for skipper Gareth McAuley.
The introduction of seven substitutes in this season's top flight is another consideration for Premier League teams who are reluctant to let players out while they are still in so many competitions.
That remains a stumbling block in Town's quest for a winger even though Middlesbrough wide man Adam Johnson has said he wants to go out on loan.
Another 11 Championship clubs are chasing Stewart Downing's back-up, and many of them will also be interested in West Ham's Kyel Reid and Chelsea's Scott Sinclair.
The 'emergency loan window opens today until the last Thursday in November.
Premier League clubs can not bring players in but can loan out to clubs within the Football League. They, in turn, can loan players for up to 93 days, and the permanent transfer window reopens in January for one month.
Although clubs can still sign players who were free agents at the end of August they can not sign players from abroad or from over the Scottish border.