Magpies give Dean hope
FORMER Ipswich Town striker Dean Bowditch is being offered the chance to revive his career with Notts County.
Football: Former Ipswich Town striker Dean Bowditch is being offered the chance to revive his career with Notts County.
Bowditch, who was released by Town at the end of last season, will have a trial at Meadow Lane. The young forward spent part of last season on loan at Brentford.
County boss Ian McParland told the club's website: "We monitored Dean last season, but for one reason or another we didn't manage to bring him here.
"He is looking to get himself settled and get his career up and running again and we're only too pleased to offer him the chance here.
You may also want to watch:
"Dean has a lot of good attributes and perhaps in recent years he hasn't fulfilled his potential he had as a youngster.
"We'll have a good look at him and see where it takes us, but the ball is firmly in his court."
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions