MAN-OF-THE-MATCH POLL: Who was your Town pick against Huddersfield?
Ipswich v Huddersfield: The Super Blues ended a dreadful week with a breathless 2-2 draw at home to Huddersfield Town in a match that virtually had everything.
Four goals, a missed penalty, controversially – though fairly – given, and two debuts for Town all came together in a match that could have gone either way.
Keeper Scott Loach was the hero at the end with a fantastic penalty save from Norwich City loanee James Vaughan, but he was not the only one who made his mark.
Twin debutants Paul Taylor and Daryl Murphy showed why Paul Jewell brought them to Portman Road while skipper Luke Chambers was a leader at both ends – including grabbing a close-range equaliser.
Jack Ainsley made his first start since the 7-1 drubbing by Peterborough last season and performed admirably and Michael Chorpa again showed his cool-but-deadly finishing skills with the Blues’ second goal.
You may also want to watch:
But you might have your own favourite. Let us know what you think by voting in our poll.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault