Manchester City defender set to sign for Blues
MANCHESTER City right-back Reece Wabara is expected to sign for Ipswich Town today and go straight into the squad for Saturday’s home match against Brighton.
The 19-year-old will seal a three-month loan deal with the Blues after Jewell spoke with both club and player this week.
The Town boss told this morning’s press conference: “Carlos Edwards has done exceptionally well but we felt we needed a bit more cover.
“The lad is quick and strong and can also play centre back – though he may not be big enough (for that position).
“I spoke to him last night and he is very keen to come and has confidence in his own ability. I told him he has to fight for his place and he is keen to do that.”
You may also want to watch:
Wabara, who has been capped by England Under-20s, ends Jewell’s long search for competition for Edwards.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week