Marcus Evans companies being sued by UEFA over unauthorised Euro 2016 hospitality packages
- Credit: Archant
Companies owned by Ipswich Town owner Marcus Evans are among those UEFA is suing for allegedly selling unauthorised hospitality packages at Euro 2016.
Evans’s company THG is offering hospitality packages which they say are “independent from any event organisers, governing bodies and venues” via its website.
“In order to protect consumers UEFA has repeatedly taken action against unauthorised sellers both in France and abroad,” UEFA said in a statement to The Guardian.
“UEFA has previous obtained orders against other rogue sellers and UEFA is confident that it will obtain orders against these companies on this occasion as well.
“Continuing its policy of taking vigorous action to prevent unauthorised sales, UEFA has today announced that it has commenced proceedings against a number of companies alleged to be involved in the sale of unauthorised packages for UEFA Euro 2016 matches.
“Among the companies sued are British companies which are part of the Marcus Evans Investment group of companies which is owned by Marcus Evans, the owner of Ipswich Town Football Club.”
Although contacted by The East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star on two occasions today Marcus Evans Group made no comment on the statement in the report.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Ipswich Town said: “We are aware of a number of articles that have emerged online, however the matter is being dealt with by the Marcus Evans Group and is nothing to do with Ipswich Town FC.”
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years