Marcus Evans will once again sponsor Ipswich Town’s kits
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town owner Marcus Evans will once again sponsor the club’s shirts next season.
The Blues had wanted a new sponsor to provide extra income ahead of new Financial Fair Play rules, but failed to find suitable backers after speaking to a number of companies.
“Marcus’ initial shirt sponsorship agreement with the club was up at the end of 2012/13 but he had decided to extend that for another year,” Town’s joint managing director, Ian Milne, told the club website.
“We did speak to a number of local and national companies regarding shirt sponsorship of Ipswich Town and there was interest.
“We could have pursued that further but Marcus is aware of the benefits of the sponsorship and is happy to continue with his name on the front of the shirts for next season.”
You may also want to watch:
The Marcus Evans Group’s five year shirt sponsorship deal with Town became the longest in the Club’s history when it was agreed in May 2008.
Town’s three new kits – home, away and goalkeeper – will be unveiled on Saturday, with season ticket holders being given the chance to see them the day before in a special preview at the Planet Blues store.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
The home kit will be on sale in store and from the Ipswich Town stand at Suffolk Show to all fans on Wednesday 29 May, with the away and goalkeeper kits being released for sale on Thursday 27 June.