MATCH REPORT: Derby 0 Ipswich 1
Derby v Ipswich: CARLOS Edwards’ superb last-gasp goal sealed Ipswich Town a smash-and-grab victory at Pride Park and edged the Blues nearer Championship survival.
Conor Sammon hit the post from a golden one-on-one opening just before the half-hour mark, while Scott Loach saved a Jamie Ward penalty with his legs moments before the break.
Chris Martin had a goal disallowed in a tight offside decision after the break, while the hosts had strong penalty appeals turned down in the 87th minute when Michael Jacobs went down under the challenge of Aaron Cresswell in the box.
Town had rarely threatened, but they suddenly found a second wind in the four minutes of added on time.
First, Cresswell came within a whisker of a wonder strike.
You may also want to watch:
Then Edwards picked up the ball on the halfway line and drove forwards before unleashing a crisp drive from the edge of the box beyond keeper Frank Fielding.
It was Town’s first away win of 2013 and only Derby’s fourth home league defeat of the season.
- 1 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 2 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 7 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
The win lifts the Blues up into 14th in the table and six points clear of the relegation zone with five games to play.
– Reaction to follow.