MATCH REPORT: Derby 0 Ipswich 1
Derby v Ipswich: CARLOS Edwards’ superb last-gasp goal sealed Ipswich Town a smash-and-grab victory at Pride Park and edged the Blues nearer Championship survival.
Conor Sammon hit the post from a golden one-on-one opening just before the half-hour mark, while Scott Loach saved a Jamie Ward penalty with his legs moments before the break.
Chris Martin had a goal disallowed in a tight offside decision after the break, while the hosts had strong penalty appeals turned down in the 87th minute when Michael Jacobs went down under the challenge of Aaron Cresswell in the box.
Town had rarely threatened, but they suddenly found a second wind in the four minutes of added on time.
First, Cresswell came within a whisker of a wonder strike.
Then Edwards picked up the ball on the halfway line and drove forwards before unleashing a crisp drive from the edge of the box beyond keeper Frank Fielding.
It was Town’s first away win of 2013 and only Derby’s fourth home league defeat of the season.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 5 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 6 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 7 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 8 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 9 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 10 Man found guilty of sex assaults on schoolgirl
The win lifts the Blues up into 14th in the table and six points clear of the relegation zone with five games to play.
– Reaction to follow.