MATCH REPORT: Millwall 0 Ipswich Town 0
Millwall v Ipswich: The Blues secured a third goalless draw in four Championship away games as Mick McCarthy’s men failed to break down FA Cup semi-finalists Millwall.
Town, who have only scored one league goal away from home in 2013, twice went close through Luke Hyam in the first half, before Michael Chopra missed an opportunity in the second period with the goal gaping.
Hyam saw an audacious 50-yard shot cleared off the line with goalkeeper David Forde stranded, before the stopper denied the midfielder from close range with a superb reaction save.
Chopra then headed over from six yards in the second half as Town searched for a winner.
As for the hosts, a combination of Scott Loach, who denied Rob Hulse from point-blank range, and the woodwork denied the Lions, with Shane Lowry’s second-half free-kick that struck the post, the closest the Londoners came to breaking the deadlock.
You may also want to watch:
The point actually saw Town drop a place to 17th, courtesy of Blackpool’s win against Crystal Palace, but manager McCarthy will be confident his side can beat the drop, provided they continue to display the battling qualities demonstrated at the New Den.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid