Matchday Recap: Local boy Bonne finds leveller in stoppage time
- Credit: Steve Waller - www.stephenwaller.com
Ipswich Town begin their League One season with a home clash against Morecambe this afternoon (3pm).
“It’s just amazing,” manager Paul Cook said, when discussing the 20,000-strong crowd expected at Portman Road.
“It’s such a privilege and an honour to be manager of a great club, isn’t it? You carry all the hopes and expectations of all those people, especially the younger ones, the young kids that come to the ground.
“And it’s great as a manager when you arrive at the stadium to see the atmosphere building and then my big thing is making sure the team goes and performs.
“It’ll be the message all day at the training ground this morning – go and enjoy the game, go and believe how good you are.
“Hopefully tomorrow, if we can win the game, that will be great. If we draw, that’s life, and if we get beat, that’s life.
You can follow the game live with us right here.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre