Matt agrees to Brighton loan deal
WHILE Matt Richards has agreed to join Brighton on loan, the Blues have expanded their hunt for fresh blood into Poland.Ipswich Town's chief scout Steve McCall is today beginning a four-day mission to unearth some football gems from the 16th ranked footballing nation.
By Derek Davis
WHILE Matt Richards has agreed to join Brighton on loan, the Blues have expanded their hunt for fresh blood into Poland.
Ipswich Town's chief scout Steve McCall is today beginning a four-day mission to unearth some football gems from the 16th ranked footballing nation.
McCall is due to take in a UEFA Cup match tonight and then a couple of Polish League games, although he is not looking at any specific targets.
You may also want to watch:
Any discoveries would not be eligible to play until the transfer window reopens in January, and this trip is part of Town's bid to search far and wide for talent, that has already taken McCall to the Czech Republic and Spain this season.
Richards will link up with Brighton tomorrow as they prepare for their League One clash against Yeovil at the Withdean on Saturday and will probably make his debut at left-back to replace Joel Lynch, who is out for eight weeks with a hairline fracture of a leg bone.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 9 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
Richards will join fellow midfielder George O'Callaghan, who has already been hailed a success at the Seagulls, for an initial one-month stint.
Magilton said: “Matt needs to be playing first-team football and he is not getting that here at the moment. Brighton will provide him with that opportunity.”
Richards' departure, coupled to Gary Roberts suffering a dip in form, means Magilton is looking to bring in a left-sided midfielder, with West Ham's Kyel Reid constantly being linked over the past month or so.
He said: “The left side is somewhere I'm also looking to strengthen. So it may be that we try and do something there but very few managers seem to want to let players out.
“Kyel Reid is someone we have looked at and he has done well against us but whether we can get him is another matter.”