McAuley plays in Irish flop
GARETH McAuley did not relish his latest taste of international football, which came with Northern Ireland at the Faroe Islands yesterday.
GARETH McAuley did not relish his latest taste of international football, which came with Northern Ireland at the Faroe Islands this afternoon.
Ipswich Town centre-half McAuley played at right-back during the disappointing and rather embarrassing 1-1 away draw in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
McAuley, who has played every minute of every league match for Town so far this season, came close to scoring with a header that flew into the side-netting.
Meanwhile, the trio of Ronan Murray, Shane O’Connor and Reggie Lambe were on target for Town Reserves in their 3-3 draw at Southend United this afternoon.
It was another useful run-out for left-back O’Connor, on his comeback from a torn hamstring.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role