McAuley plays in Irish flop
GARETH McAuley did not relish his latest taste of international football, which came with Northern Ireland at the Faroe Islands yesterday.
GARETH McAuley did not relish his latest taste of international football, which came with Northern Ireland at the Faroe Islands this afternoon.
Ipswich Town centre-half McAuley played at right-back during the disappointing and rather embarrassing 1-1 away draw in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
McAuley, who has played every minute of every league match for Town so far this season, came close to scoring with a header that flew into the side-netting.
Meanwhile, the trio of Ronan Murray, Shane O’Connor and Reggie Lambe were on target for Town Reserves in their 3-3 draw at Southend United this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
It was another useful run-out for left-back O’Connor, on his comeback from a torn hamstring.
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 The Verdict: More delusion and fabrication... Sorry Mr Lambert, this is simply unacceptable
- 3 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
- 4 'I thought we were really good' - Lambert's assessment of dire 1-0 home loss to Peterborough
- 5 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show
- 6 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 7 'We've got to put pressure on people to raise the standards,' says Town legend Mills
- 8 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 9 Firefighters issue warning after wood burner fire almost spreads across house
- 10 Ipswich Town supporters group post mock front page outside Portman Road, calling for Lambert to go