McCall hails his Poland experience
STEVE McCall has hailed his trip to Poland a success after watching a host of players and building contacts.The Star revealed last week how the Blues chief scout was making the four-day trip to the former eastern bloc country to sniff out new gems.
By Derek Davis
STEVE McCall has hailed his trip to Poland a success after watching a host of players and building contacts.
The EADT revealed last week how the Blues chief scout was making the four-day trip to the former eastern bloc country to sniff out new gems.
McCall reported back on Monday after taking in four matches including a UEFA Cup match.
He told the club website: “Poland is a country that seems to be producing players so I have been there for a few days to have a look.
“There were no specific targets as such. It was a fact-finding mission to check out the general standard, take in as many games as I could and build up contacts and it was a good trip.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win