McCarthy confirms Stewart and Connolly are free to leave
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy has told wingers Cameron Stewart and Dylan Connolly they are free to leave the club.
The duo have not featured for the Blues this season, with Stewart currently out on loan at Doncaster having spent a similar spell with Barnsley last season and Connolly yet to make his Ipswich debut.
As a result, Town boss McCarthy said the duo have no place in his plans and that they are free to move on, wishing them both well.
“Take his (Stewart’s) appearance record since he’s been here, he’s not going to play. He’s got to go somewhere else.
“He knows that, by the way. I wish him well and I hope he’s doing well at Doncaster and he can find a club that he fits in with and where he plays well and he ends up progressing and has a good career.”
You may also want to watch:
On Connolly, who joined the club last year from Shelbourne, McCarthy said: “Dylan will be released. We’ll make him a free agent so he can go and get a club in Ireland if he can.”
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon