McGreal looks to return to football
FORMER Blues defender John McGreal is looking to get back into football full time after a successful stint at house renovation.McGreal has recently completed a UEFA B licence course at Keele University, in Staffordshire, along with old Town team-mate Fabian Wilnis and ready to find a club to showcase his talent.
FORMER Blues defender John McGreal is looking to get back into football full time after a successful stint at house renovation.
McGreal has recently completed a UEFA B licence course at Keele University, in Staffordshire, along with old Town team-mate Fabian Wilnis and ready to find a club to showcase his talent.
The 36-year-old had a season out of game after leaving Burnley last summer and has been some development work at Portman Road but is itching to get stuck back in on a more permanent basis.
McGreal said: “We had a very tough but enjoyable 10 days on the course. I now have to put my hours on to complete the licence and coaching is where I see my future.
“I still feel fit enough and young enough to play but I have been out for a while so I'm not sure about a player-coach role but you never know what might come up.”
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 4 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 5 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 6 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 9 'I'd bet on Ipswich to get promoted' - Burton assistant praises Town
- 10 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
The former Ipswich centre-half who helped Town to the Premiership, and then to a fifth place finish and a place in the UEFA Cup two years running, has recently completed a complete rebuild of his house with wife Kerry in Martlesham and is looking for a new project but admits to missing pulling on his football boots.
McGreal said: “I have missed the game and try and play in whatever games come up, I'm always putting my name forward to Simon Milton who organises all sorts of matches.”
McGreal's name has also been mentioned as a possible summariser on SGR who will be broadcasting full match commentary on Town games next season but the Scouser laughed that off.
He joked: “I would need elocution lessons first. No, it won't be me. I think my Scouse accent is a bit too much for people to understand on the radio.”
McGreal made 150 appearances for Ipswich, scoring five goals.