MEMORY LANE VIDEO: Barnsley 2 Ipswich Town 4 (Play off final)
The weekend is almost upon us and what better way to celebrate than with a trip down Memory Lane?
Ipswich Town travel to Barnsley tomorrow, aiming for three Championship points to remain in contention with the play-offs.
For Barnsley, however, it’s a very different story with the Reds desperate for points to try and get out of the bottom three.
It all seems a long way from the events at Wembley, almost 14 years ago, when Town clinched their place back in the Premier League with a 4-2 victory over the South Yorkshire outfit.
A Richard Wright own goal gave the Reds the lead, but Tony Mowbray, Richard Naylor and Marcus Stewart put George Burley’s side well in command.
A Craig Hignett penalty gave Barnsley hope, but Martijn Reuser sealed promotion and sent the majority of Suffolk into ecstasy.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 6 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 7 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 8 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county