Michael Chopra will shake off ankle knock to be fit for Hull trip
IN-FORM striker Michael Chopra will be fit for Saturday’s Championship clash at Hull City, despite taking a kick to the ankle in Tuesday night’s draw at Southampton.
Chopra has been in sizzling form for Ipswich, having scored six goals in the last seven games, and will be looking to add to his tally against the league’s stingiest defence (26 goals).
Other than that, manager Paul Jewell has a fully-fit squad to choose from, barring the suspended Jimmy Bullard, but could be tempted to make changes after Tuesday evening’s draw at St Mary’s.
“Chopra has had a little bit of treatment but apart from that, everyone is fit,” said assistant manager Chris Hutchings.
“We have had a bit of recovery time but we are raring to go again because we are doing okay at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“There may be one or two fresh legs to come in and it is something we are looking at.”
“Those experienced players who are out of the side are itching to get back in but the younger lads are doing their best to keep them out.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad