Mick McCarthy brands Kilmarnock boss ‘a liar’ after Cammy Bell comments
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town manager Mick McCarthy has branded Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels ‘a liar’ for suggesting that the Blues had made an approach for keeper Cammy Bell.
The Scottish club’s boss said last week that the Blues were one of a number of English clubs who had made enquiries about signing the 26-year-old on a Bosman free transfer this summer.
McCarthy said: “It was a lie if he confirmed it.
“Do you want me to say it again? There’s no truth in it – he’s lying or he’s telling fibs. Is lying too strong a word?
“I’ve not spoken to him and if somebody from this club has spoken to him they’ve done it without me saying so. If that’s the case then I’m going to be pretty cheesed.
You may also want to watch:
“Does that clear that one up?”
Speaking of his one-cap Scottish international custodian, Shiels has told STV: “”Ipswich Town are in for him and there other clubs that have made approaches from England. I’ll sit down with him in March and give him my advice.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
“What is said will be personal but wherever he goes he will be first choice, that’s guaranteed.”