Mick McCarthy brands Kilmarnock boss ‘a liar’ after Cammy Bell comments
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town manager Mick McCarthy has branded Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels ‘a liar’ for suggesting that the Blues had made an approach for keeper Cammy Bell.
The Scottish club’s boss said last week that the Blues were one of a number of English clubs who had made enquiries about signing the 26-year-old on a Bosman free transfer this summer.
McCarthy said: “It was a lie if he confirmed it.
“Do you want me to say it again? There’s no truth in it – he’s lying or he’s telling fibs. Is lying too strong a word?
“I’ve not spoken to him and if somebody from this club has spoken to him they’ve done it without me saying so. If that’s the case then I’m going to be pretty cheesed.
“Does that clear that one up?”
Speaking of his one-cap Scottish international custodian, Shiels has told STV: “”Ipswich Town are in for him and there other clubs that have made approaches from England. I’ll sit down with him in March and give him my advice.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
“What is said will be personal but wherever he goes he will be first choice, that’s guaranteed.”