Mick McCarthy fears Paul Taylor will be out for the season
PAUL Taylor is expected to be out for the rest of the season, Blues boss Mick McCarthy has revealed.
The striker broke a bone in his foot in only his third game for Ipswich, after Paul Jewell signed him for �1.5millon from Peterborough on the penultimate day of the summer transfer window.
Taylor, who had shown great early promise with his all-action style, was last week said to be doing some light jogging.
But McCarthy revealed today that the striker is expected to undergo surgery and the new Town boss admitted he didn’t expect to have him back this season.
When asked about team news for tomorrow night’s trip to Crystal Palace, McCarthy said midfielder Guirane N’Daw should be fit after suffering cramp in both legs in the 1-0 win at Birmingham City on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
With no other fresh injury worries, McCarthy will consider whether to make changes ahead of the match against third-placed Palace, who will have Ian Holloway in the home dugout for the first time,
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock