Mick McCarthy is the new favourite for Ipswich Town job
SKYBET have made Mick McCarthy their new favourite for the vacant Ipswich post as he was shortened to even money earlier today.
McCarthy has also been installed as Coral’s favourite at 2/1 and is currently best odds of 3/1 with Stan James, who make Alan Shearer their favourite at 2/1.
Shearer is still available at 12/1 with BetVictor, whilst fellow frontrunner Alan Curbishley leads the Ladbrokes market at odds of 11/8.
Elsewhere, former Town favourite Terry Butcher is as short as 6/1 with Ladbrokes, closely followed by Owen Coyle (7/1), and Gary Megson (8/1) at the same bookmakers.
Harry Redknapp and Alex McLeish are both as short as 10/1 with Ladbrokes and Coral respectively. Current Exeter manager Paul Tisdale is also 10/1 with BetVictor.
You may also want to watch:
Town caretaker manager Chris Hutchings is 20/1 with Ladbrokes to get the job permanently.
Latest odds (According to SkyBet): Mick McCarthy Evs, Alan Curbishley 3/1, Alan Shearer 5/1, Owen Coyle 10/1, Gary Megson 16/1, Terry Butcher 16/1, Paul Ince 22/1, Karl Robinson 22/1, Sean Dyche 22/1, Paulo Sousa 22/1, Peter Reid 25/1, Mark Venus 25/1, Paolo Di Canio 25/1, Martin Allen 25/1, George Burley 25/1, Keith Hill 25/1, Nick Barmby 25/1, Harry Redknapp 25/1, Chris Hutchings 25/1, Alex McLeish 25/1, Andy Thorn 25/1, Billy Davies 25/1.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 6 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 7 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 8 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 9 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open