MICK’S THE MAN: Chris Hutchings leaves Ipswich Town – and wishes Mick McCarthy all the best
CHRIS Hutchings has left Ipswich Town by mutual consent.
Paul Jewell’s assistant manager had been in caretaker charge at the club and last week spoke of his desire to remain in some capacity at Portman Road.
But after overseeing Town’s 3-0 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday and then following Mick McCarthy’s appointment in the hot-seat this morning, the club have confirmed Hutchings’ departure.
Hutchings said: “I’ve enjoying working for this fantastic football club over the last 20 months. I’d like to wish the owner, the players and all the staff the very best of fortunes for the future.
“I’d also like to wish Mick and Terry the best of luck at Portman Road.”
Town chief executive Simon Clegg added: “I’d like to thank Chris for his outstanding services to Ipswich Town and wish him well for the future.”
Hutchings will be replaced as assistant boss by Terry Connor, who was McCarthy’s right-hand-man at Molineux before taking over from him as interim manager at Wolves for four months.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 3 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 4 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 5 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 8 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 9 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 10 Mike Bacon on the Blues: Quality over quantity, please
Connor, who then spent time as number two to Stale Solbakken, was then sacked by the club in September.
It had been reported that former Town skipper and fans’ favourite, Matt Holland, would be the new assistant manager but we understand these claims were wide of the mark.
It remains to be seen whether Holland will get a position within the new backroom set-up at his old club.