MICK’S THE MAN: Simon Clegg – Mick McCarthy was top of the long list
IPSWICH Town chief executive Simon Clegg has tonight spoken of his delight at landing Mick McCarthy for the role of new Ipswich Town manager.
McCarthy was officially unveiled to the media this evening and Clegg, who flanked his new appointment, praised McCarthy’s experience and incredible ambition.
The chief executive said: “Mick was top of the long list, short-list and top of the interviews.
“Despite being in management 20 years, he has only managed four teams. That shows a lot of consistency while we are not a club that jumps ship.
“His experience, his passion, he is still incredibly ambitious and he will take us on to greater things in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
While both the new man and his chief executive were keeping coy about any future transfer budget, Clegg admitted: “He wouldn’t have taken this job unless he had some assurances about the financial situation.
“The owner and I have got every confidence Mick’s appointment will lead to great things for this football club. His 20 years worth of experience will hold him in good stead.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency