Middlesbrough defeat was actually one of our best performances of the season – Scott Loach
Middlesbrough v Ipswich: Scott Loach believes Town were hard-done-by to leave the Riverside Stadium empty-handed this afternoon.
Ipswich might have lost 2-0 at Middlesbrough thanks to Luke Williams’ 34th minute opener and an injury-time strike from Mustapha Carayol.
But Loach praised the performance with Town enjoying a lion share of possession without carving out many clear-cut chances.
The keeper insisted: “That is probably one of our best performances of the season.
“We had a lot of shots at goal but didn’t really hit the target. But if you don’t hit the target, you are not going to score goals – though I am not knocking the strikers.
You may also want to watch:
“It was hard to take, especially when they broke away and scored the second. But you would accept that as we were chasing the game with not long to go.
“It is hard to swallow, but at least the performance was there. That is the positive we can take from that.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
“I know it is all ifs and buts, but it is only a matter of time before we start turning things around.”