Midfielders Coke and Toure to sign for Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Midfielders Giles Coke and Larsen Toure are both to sign for Ipswich Town, manager Mick McCarthy has revealed.
The duo have been training with the club over the last week, with Coke involved at both Peterborough and Colchester and Toure playing in the latter game, before both coming on as substitutes in the 1-1 draw with FC Utrecht this afternoon,
Speaking after the game, McCarthy revealed the duo will now join his squad full-time, with the length of either deal still unclear.
“I knew about Giles anyway from him playing against us over the years and I’ve always liked him as a player. He’s come in and done really well,” he said.
“Larsen impressed me as soon as he walked through the door and trained with us. He’s definitely got something and I’m delighted to get both of them on board.”
Meanwhile, defender Jonathan Parr is a doubt for next weekend’s season-opener at Brentford having struggled with a series of knocks throughout pre-season.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home