Monty Patterson and Dominic Samuel score hat-tricks at Ipswich Town under-23s demolish Watford, 8-0
- Credit: Su Anderson
New signing Dominic Samuel and academy product Monty Patterson scored hat-tricks as Ipswich Town’s under-23s demolished Watford, 8-0, at Portman Road, on Monday.
Kieffer Moore and George Fowler also netted under the watchful eye of Town boss Mick McCarthy.
Fellow new face, winger Danny Rowe, also starred, while defender Tommy Smith completed 90 minutes, following time out with a back injury.
Rowe, who only played for 45 minutes, needed just two minutes to set up Patterson for the opener, before combining with Moore to help Patterson net his second.
Fowler scored the third from a rebound after Moore got on the end of a Rowe corner, before Moore and Patterson, with his hat-trick, got on the scoresheet before the half-time whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Samuel grabbed a 45-minute in the second half, combining with Moore for his first, finishing from close range for his second and scoring a header to complete his hat-trick.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post