Murphy signs for Premier League newcomers
FORMER Ipswich Town keeper Brian Murphy has completed a two-year deal with Premier League new-boys QPR.
The 28-year-old impressed manager Neil Warnock while on trial during pre-season and will now provide competition for current number one Paddy Kenny and Radek Cerny.
Murphy said: “It is great to be here. I am really looking forward to the new season and working with the goalkeepers.
“I am here to work hard, and anything extra will be a bonus. I want to be in that 18-man squad every week, but I know every player here wants the same thing.
“It is going to be a massive season for the club and one that I am looking forward to being a part of.”
You may also want to watch:
Warnock added: “Brian has had a super couple of weeks with us. His attitude is first class and he’s got great mobility. He’s got everything that we need.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight