Murray Wallace has ‘tremendous career’ ahead – but will it be with Ipswich?
MURRAY Wallace has been tipped as a star of the future by those who have watched the young Scottish starlet in his first full season.
But whether his next move sees him arrive in Suffolk remains up in the air after the Falkirk centre-back became embroiled in a tug-of-war over his signature.
Ipswich, Brighton and Huddersfield have all reportedly had a bid of around �300,000 accepted by the Scottish Division One side, leaving the 19-year-old defender to choose his next move.
And should he be convinced by Paul Jewell and Simon Clegg’s words, with negotiations ongoing, fans should start getting excited by a young lad who may not be well-known, but who insiders say is destined for big things.
A source close to Falkirk, said: “He is the best professional we have had for a long time – in fact going back to the 1970s when we had Gary Gillespie who later went to Liverpool. He has maturity beyond his years and is very talented.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been outstanding this season and should have a tremendous career.”
While Wallace is clearly one for the future, amid speculation he might be loaned back straight away to aid Falkirk’s fight for promotion to the Scottish Premier League, Town fans are growing anxious over the lack of new arrivals to help their own battle – at the wrong end of the Championship.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
Negotiations continue with divisional rivals Portsmouth over the proposed sale of Jason Pearce, Joel Ward and an unnamed third, reported to be keeper Stephen Henderson, with the South Coast club perhaps saving a decision until after their match against