Ipswich fans can catch up with Town games on ITV in new EFL deal
- Credit: Steve Waller - stephenwaller.com
Ipswich fans will be able to watch highlights of Town games on a different TV channel from next season.
ITV will show highlights of the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One, Sky Bet League Two, Carabao Cup and the Papa John’s Trophy from the 2022/23 season after the broadcaster entered into a two-season partnership with the EFL.
Currently the EFL highlights are shown on Quest.
A comprehensive round-up of all the day’s action from across the EFL will be screened in the primetime slot on Saturday at 9pm on ITV4, with a repeat being shown on ITV's main channel later in the evening.
And for those who want to catch up on all the highlights on Sunday mornings, viewers will be able to watch again on ITV.
Highlights of midweek fixtures, where a full round has taken place, will also be broadcast on ITV and ITV Hub, covering Sky Bet EFL matches.
ITV will also present extensive coverage of Sky Bet Play-Off semi-finals and finals as well as a highlights programme for each of the Rounds of the Carabao Cup
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
Each show will feature every goal from every EFL fixture plus detailed analysis from a panel of expert pundits.
ITV will also present extensive coverage of Sky Bet Play-Off semi-finals and finals as well as a highlights programme for each of the rounds of the Carabao Cup and the two-legged semi-finals and final.
A one-hour programme of highlights from the Papa John’s Trophy Final will be shown on ITV4 on the day of the final.
Each highlights programme will be available in full, on a catch-up basis on ITV Hub during the period of 30 days following its first transmission.