No further additions as transfer window closes, but are you happy with McCarthy’s new recruits?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
The summer transfer window has now closed, during which Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy brought in a total of 12 new signings on permanent or loan deals.
There was no deadline day drama at Portman Road, with McCarthy having done his work well before today’s cut-off, and the likes of Jonas Knudsen, Ainsley Maitland Niles, Ryan Fraser and Brett Pitman already look to be major players in the Blues’ first-team.
There are additions from overseas, too, with Piotr Malarczyk and Aussie winger Tommy Oar the latest through the door, while Larsen Toure, Giles Coke, Jonathan Douglas, James Alabi, Josh Yorwerth and Jonathan Henley all look to have made the Ipswich squad the strongest it has been in years.
Also, and maybe just as importantly, there were key contract extensions for strikers Daryl Murphy, Freddie Sears and David McGoldrick, securing the services of three key players for the foreseeable future.
There have been departures too as the Hunt brothers, Noel and Stephen, left for pastures new alongside Paul Anderson, Anthony Wordsworth and Elliott Hewitt, but it was Tyrone Mings who grabbed the headlines with an £8m move to Bournemouth.
You may also want to watch:
But which new player has you the most excited? Let us know by casting your vote in our poll.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer