Norwich set to play Arsenal man in East Anglian derby
NORWICH City have struck the first blow in the East Anglian derby preparations - by signing Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury on a one-month emergency loan.
And the 20-year-old has history against Ipswich Town after scoring in Watford’s 2-1 win last season while on loan at the Hornets.
Lansbury made a total of 34 Championship appearances at Vicarage Road, scoring five goals, and will bolster Norwich’s injury-hit midfield in time for Sunday’s showdown.
City boss Paul Lambert said: “I’m delighted Arsenal have agreed to let Henri come here. I saw him when he was at Watford and Scunthorpe and he’s a quality young player, very positive in his play.
“We have been hit with injuries and midfield is one of the areas where we needed strengthening. Henri gives us more options in there which is important.”
Lansbury, who scored against Tottenham in Arsenal’s Carling Cup win in September, has already played once at Carrow Road this season, having been a part of Stuart Pearce’s England Under-21 squad that beat Romania 2-1 in October.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143