O’Dea returns injured
IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane, speaking at this lunchtime’s Portman Road press conference, revealed that Darren O’Dea has returned from international duty injured.
IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane, speaking at this lunchtime’s Portman Road press conference, revealed that Darren O’Dea has come back injured from his Republic of Ireland appearance.
O’Dea played for 67 minutes against Norwway, but has retuned to Suffolk with a tight hamstring.
Added to this, hamstring injuries will rule out Luke Hyam and Mark Kennedy for Saturday’s Hull trip, while Gareth McAuley (Achilles tendon) will remain on the sidelines.
There is just “an outside chance” that midfielder David Norris could return from an ankle injury, although that is unlikely.
Keane said: “Darren has come back with a tight hamstring. We only wanted him to play for 45 minutes, but he ended up playing 67. We will have to wait and see how he is.
“Gareth (McAuley) will be out for another two or three weeks, wile Luke will be out for four or five weeks and Mark Kennedy three weeks.”
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident