O’Dea will not be at Town next season
DARREN O’Dea has revealed that he will not be at Ipswich Town for next season.
DARREN O’Dea has revealed that he will not be at Ipswich Town next season.
Republic of Ireland international O’Dea has been on loan at Portman Road from Celtic this season, but he has ruled out the possibility of making that move permanent this summer.
Instead, O�Dea has confirmed that he will return to Glasgow this summer, in an effort to force his way into Celtic manager Neil Lennon�s side for 2011-12.
O’Dea said: “Celtic is my club, it is in my heart. I have let my head rule my heart for now, which is why I am on loan, but I will be going back to Celtic in the summer and doing my utmost to break into the team.”
You may also want to watch:
Only last month, boss Lennon insisted that 24-year-old O’Dea was still a part of his long-term plans.
O’Dea has been an unused substitute for most of new manager Paul Jewell’s reign to date, with Mark Kennedy being preferred in that left-back role. He started against Reading and Leeds last month, due to Kennedy’s absence with a tweaked hamstring.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash