One in, two out at Ipswich Town as Darren Ambrose pens new deal
Ipswich Town midfielder Darren Ambrose has extended his deal at Portman Road until the end of the season.
Ambrose, 30, who is in his third spell with the Blues, moved to Portman Road in September on a short-term deal and has made one start and five substitute appearances for Mick McCarthy’s men, scoring his first goal in the 1-1 FA Cup Third Round draw at Southampton on Sunday.
The player, who started his professional career at Ipswich, also lists Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Charlton as former clubs.
Meanwhile, Swiss defender Freddie Veseli has left the club by mutual consent, having spent much of this season out on loan at Port Vale.
The former Manchester United and Manchester City defender joined the Blues on a free transfer last summer but has failed to force his way into McCarthy’s plans.
Elsewhere, academy striker Jack Marriott has agreed to stay at Conference Premier Woking on loan for the remainder of the season.
The 20-year-old, who has also spent time on loan at Gillingham and Carlisle, has scored four goals for the Cards this season.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14