Other strikers who would fit loan role
SO if David Nugent rejects the chance to join Town it will be interesting to see who Jim Magilton will turn to instead.David Healy has to top the list, with Danny Webber also linked in the past but Shefki Kuqi fans, and there are many among Blues supporters, will be disappointed.
SO if David Nugent rejects the chance to join Town it will be interesting to see who Jim Magilton will turn to instead.
David Healy has to top the list, with Danny Webber also linked in the past but Shefki Kuqi fans, and there are many among Blues supporters, will be disappointed.
Healy and Magilton have a superb relationship going back to the days when the midfielder was a Northern Ireland player and the current Fulham striker an avid fan.
You may also want to watch:
Magilton then skippered his country and helped a young Manchester United striker on loan at Port Vale settle into international football, encouraging him to become a record-breaker.
While his 33 goals for Northern Ireland in 63 internationals is a phenomenal return, Healey has not been as prolific at club level and three Premiership goals for Fulham in 23 games has seen him drop out of the side. If some Town fans have a thing about Nugent then they may also struggle to accept Healy, who has worn the green and yellow of East Anglian rivals Norwich City.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
Healy scored just twice in 13 games during two spells at Carrow Road while on loan from Preston before making the switch to Leeds United.
Magilton is convinced he can get the best out of the striker although he would not fit the big target man profile that Town seem to be seeking with Alan Lee's Achilles clearly still troubling him.
At 5ft 9isns Sheffield United's Danny Webber doesn't fit the bill either but he does have a good pedigree after playing Champions' League football for Manchester United.
Kuqi is a big man and Town fans are well aware of his strengths, but they have also seen him concede a throw-in from his shooting and as much as it would be a sentimental return, Town will be looking at a different market now.