Pablo rejects Swans offer
PABLO Counago has rejected the offer of a move to Swansea City.The Spaniard prefers to stay with Ipswich Town and was at their friendly match against Colchester United at Portman Road to see them win 2-0.
PABLO Counago has rejected the offer of a move to Swansea City.
The Spaniard prefers to stay with Ipswich Town and was at their friendly match against Colchester United at Portman Road to see them win 2-0.
The Blues had accepted an offer understood to be somewhere between �300,000 and �500,000 for the 29-year-old striker on Wednesday but after hearing what the Swans had to stay quickly decided to stay with Town.
You may also want to watch:
Swansea chairman Hue Jenkins said: “We spoke with the agent, but Pablo has turned down our offer.
"It seems that the player is happy to stay at Ipswich. We are obviously disappointed, but Paulo Sousa has always said that he has a number of options and targets.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
"Pablo's decision to turn down our offer means we will now start to pursue those options."
Counago signed a new contract with Ipswich earlier this year taking him until the summer of 2011.