Palace boss “strongly” tips Town for top six
DELIGHTED Crystal Palace boss Dougie Freedman has revealed he “strongly believes” Ipswich Town will finish in the top six – despite the Eagles leaving Portman Road tonight with all three points.
The Palace manager was clearly a happy man, viewing the 1-0 win over Ipswich at Portman Road as something of a scalp.
But Freedman left Blues’ fans with a crumb of comfort by tipping them to be in the play-offs come May.
Freedman said: “I felt throughout the match, we were creating the chances to win the game. Ipswich had an off-day, I have seen them this season and I know they can play a lot better.
“I strongly believe they will be in the top six at the end of the season so a win against them was pleasing.
You may also want to watch:
“They have got some very good players and we were fortunate to catch them on an off-day.”
Freedman, who described former Town player David Wright and midfield partner Mile Jedinak as “sensational”, admitted he was surprised by how well his side had started the season, Palace moving into third with the win.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Matchday Live: Bonne thumps Town ahead at Lincoln
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
Ipswich are now ninth in the Championship.