Paul Jewell has fully-fit squad to pick from against Wolves – but no new signings
Ipswich v Wolverhampton: Paul Jewell has confirmed he has no injury worries within his slim squad ahead of tomorrow night’s home match against Wolves.
The Blues boss admitted both Luke Chambers and Paul Taylor picked up knocks in Saturday’s defeat at Middlesbrough.
But the pair have been passed fit while Jewell also gave positive news about Guirane N’Daw who came through his first match in a Town shirt with passing colours.
It leaves Jewell with an option – rather than being forced – to make any changes after the weekend defeat as they look to move away from the relegation zone.
Once again, the Town boss said there was no developments on his search for a new centre-back with German trialist Kevin Pezzoni not offered a new deal, as reported by this website yesterday.
Jewell said Pezzoni’s wage demands were in excess of what Ipswich could offer while the player himself had only done “ok” during his brief trial.
The spotlight now falls on 31-year-old Ivorian Abdoulaye Meite, the former Bolton and West Brom centre-back.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 6 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 10 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
Meite is on trial at the club this week while Jewell’s desperate search for a defender also saw him being offered experienced Ghanaian international John Mensah.
But the manager admitted he would not be looking at the 78-cap former Sunderland loanee, who is also interesting West Ham.