Paul Jewell has open chat with Keith Andrews
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has confirmed that he met with Keith Andrews this morning – with there no ill-feeling over the midfielder’s controversial comments yesterday.
The Blackburn loanee – who has scored nine goals already this season and captained the Blues in the recent weeks – claimed that owner Marcus Evans, chief executive Simon Clegg and Jewell had shown ‘no ambition’ to keep him beyond the start of the New Year.
The Blues boss revealed he had an open chat with the Irishman ahead of Thursday’s training session though and remains hopeful that a deal can be struck for the 31-year-old during the January transfer window.
“His agent (Will Salthouse) met the owner (Marcus Evans) and Simon (Clegg) on Monday, and I spoke to Keith this morning,” said Jewell, at the pre-Leicester press conference.
“We’d like to keep Keith, he seems keen to listen to what we’ve got to say, but there are a lot of factors before a transfer like this has got to happen – money, Blackburn.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I know there are a lot of teams interested in him because he’s done so well. We’d like to keep him, but whether it can is down to a lot of things.”
– For full story, as well as all the latest Blues news ahead of the Boxing Day trip to Leicester, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week