Paul Jewell knows his team for Leicester City
IPSWICH Town boss Paul Jewell has admitted he has already picked his team for the Boxing Day clash at Leicester City.
Barring injuries over the next few days – which includes training on Christmas Day – Jewell has a team in mind, suggesting changes will be at a minimum.
With Danny Collins returning to parent club Stoke City, there is a space next to Ibrahima Sonko in the centre of the defence.
Ivar Ingimarsson and Damien Delaney are both back in training and contenders, along with Tommy Smith.
But the smart money is on the Icelandic international coming back into the side, partnering his former Reading team mate Sonko for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Paul Jewell today confirmed that club captain Grant Leadbitter is fit following his groin strain but that the Ipswich manager decided against him for the 16-man squad that beat Derby 1-0 last weekend.
With Richard Wright also fit and available, it means the Town boss currently has a clean bill of health going into the crucial festive period.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Matchday Live: Bonne thumps Town ahead at Lincoln
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy