Paul Jewell set to make changes for Burnley visit
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell is set to freshen his side up for tomorrow’s visit of Burnley to Portman Road.
The Blues were slightly fortunate to beat Peterborough 3-2 at Portman Road on Saturday in a game high on entertainment but low on quality.
Tomorrow night’s match was moved to a Wednesday night due to the fact that Burnley’s 0-0 draw at Cardiff was played on Sunday to avoid a clash with the Welsh rugby side’s Six Nations’ game the previous day.
It will be Town’s fifth game of eight this month, with Jewell saying: “I said to the players at the start of March that there will be rotation.
“Players who have played a lot of football might have a spell out. We probably need to rest one or two, but having said that players want to play. One of two have hit a little bit of a flat spot, so we might just rotate it a little bit. It won’t be a huge amount, but the odd one might just come out for a little spell.”
You may also want to watch:
The Town boss says he has no new injuries ahead of the game against the Clarets, who beat the Blues 4-0 at Turf Moor earlier in the season, but that midfielder Jimmy Bullard – back in training after his two-week club suspension – won’t be in squad just yet.
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for full match preview.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 7 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 8 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay