Paul Jewell will be glad to see the back of the transfer window when it comes to Aaron Cresswell
PAUL Jewell believes Aaron Cresswell’s football has been affected by the continued speculation linking him with a move to Aston Villa.
The left-back was first targeted by Villa boss Paul Lambert last month with the Premier League side declaring an interest, but stopping short of making a bid with Town valuing the 22-year-old at around �6 million,
Lambert has since moved on to other defenders, namely Middlesbrough’s Joe Bennett who signed for the club yesterday.
Jewell will be glad to see the back of the summer transfer window when it comes to Cresswell.
The former Tranmere Rovers player was badly at fault for Carlisle’s winner in Town’s shock 2-1 defeat in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the match, Jewell said: “I’m not saying it (the rumours) have been in his mind as Cressie is a smashing lad and a super player.
“But I think the speculation might have affected him a little bit. For their second goal, I don’t know what was going through Cressie’s mind.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
“It is no more than speculation – we haven’t turned down an offer, we haven’t even had an offer. That’s all I can tell you.”